|Travis Browne had one of the best come from behind |
wins over Alistair Overeem thanks to this kick.
Fight Pass (not free):
- Derrick Lewis uses his experience to KO Jack "The Outlaw" May
- Chas Skelly submission win over Mirsad Bektic
- Dustin Ortiz easy decision win over Ray Borg
- Jordan Mein makes a much anticipated return to the Octagon in devastating fashion. Mein 1st round TKO
- Caio Mahalhaes decision over Luke Zachrich
- Estevan Payan decision win over Alex White
- Pat "Bam Bam" Healy will grind Jorge Masvidal to death and win a decision in a very important fight between two of Strikeforce's best lightweights. This is the first of 3 AWESOME lightweight fights that are practically pick'em fights.
- Thiago Alves fights for the first time in over 2 years and should be able to handle Seth Baczynski on his way to a TKO victory
- Khabib Nurmagomedov and Rafael dos Anjos engage in a sleeper of a top contender fight. Funny that these 2 fighters are ranked higher than Cerrone and Barboza but this is on prelims while they are on Fox. It makes sense though, Cerrone is a star and fan favorite and that fight is amazing too. Anyway, I think Nurmagomedov and his awesome hat will do enough to win a closely contested fight. Nurmagomedov via decision.
- Yoel Romero KO of Brad Ravares.... Get this guy a top rated fighter! (cough... cough... Tim Kennedy!)
- Donald Cerrone and Edson Barboza could be an epic fight involving tons of leg kicks both ways. Cerrone has won 2 fights since his loss to Rafael dos Anjos taking home bonus checks in both of those contests. Barboza has been nothing short of spectacular offensively in the cage, but he leaves himself exposed at times. I think he may win this with a liver kick similar to Anthony Pettis, but I think Cerrone is able to catch him with a shot and finish the fight similar to Jamie Varner and (almost!!) Danny Castillo. Cerrone via TKO in what should be Fight of the Night.
- Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche are stars for the women's division but this fight belongs on prelims instead of Khabib vs Rafael's potential top contender fight. This is not a co-main event on Fox. Tate has 1 win in her last 4 fights and Carmouche has 3 wins in her last 7. I normally am a big fan of WMMA but this is not as big of a deal as Nurmagomedov and dos Anjos. That said, it still should be an entertaining and important fight. I see Tate taking down Liz and ground and pounding her out for a TKO win. Tate will likely get another big fight after this, maybe Sarah Kaufmann or Sara McMann.
- Travis Browne will KO Werdum and get his title shot. Werdum is no joke though. The guy submitted Fedor to end his legendary unbeaten streak and also submitted the legendary Big Nog in his most recent fight. However, a share opponent of them, Alistair Overeem, beat Werdum and lost to Browne. Travis Browne has hit another level and will keep this fight standing on his way to a KO victory over Werdum. Tread lightly Cain Velasquez, Browne is coming for that belt.