Wednesday, January 15, 2014

UFC Fight Night 35 Quick Picks

Yoel "the Soldier of God" Romero will look to be one of many
middleweight title contenders following this event.
It did not go well for Luke Rockhold in his UFC debut, but the way Vitor Belfort is fighting who can blame him for the loss.  He takes on Costa Phillippou in a very fun card full of entertaining fighters.

Fight Pass (which I do not like because I no longer get free Facebook prelims!!!!)

  • Charlie Brenneman is back and I could not be happier.  W for him all day via afro submission.  Sorry Beneil Dariush, but your undefeated streak is coming to an end.
  • Vinc Pichel had no idea who he signed up to fight when he took on Rustam Khabilov in his UFC debut.  I do not see Garett Whiteley suplexing Vinc to death.  Pichel via violent KO.
FS1 Prelims:
  • Alptekin Ozkilic looks like he could be a legit threat at flyweight.  Win via decision.
  • Trevor Smith did not look technical in his last fight but he looked exciting.  I see him landing that power punch on Brian Houston and taking home a KO win.
  • Isaac Vallie-Flagg is my boy, win via 4 consecutive split decisions.
  • Unless he is completely overmatched I will always pick Justin Edwards via guillotine.  Ramsey Nijem sucks so I am going with Justin Edwards via guillotine? Yes.
FS1 Main Card:
  • I love both Cole Miller and Sam Sicilia.  Therefore I am protesting this pick.  Either Sicilia via KO or Miller via submission is my prediction I guess.
  • John Moraga is more my boy that IVF.  I'll take him over the rising star Dustin Ortiz.
  • Yoel Romero is my boy as well. Always will be picked by me.  KO over Derek Brunson.
  • TJ Dillashaw is totally my boy.  Fight of the Night victory over Mike Easton who I hope does not get cut.
  • Lorenz is my last name so Lorenz Larkin is most definitely my boy.  KO win over Brad Tavares.
  • Luke Rockhold is still a top 10 middleweight despite his brutal loss to Vitor.  He has beat some tough guys like Tim Kennedy and Jacare Souza so expect him to demonstrate that in this fight.  Costa Phillippou looked awful in his last fight against Carmont, so he will be hungry for a bounce-back win.  My boy Luke will get it done with wrestling and kickboxing to get the decision win.
I am 1 for 1 so far in 2014!!!  Hopefully I will continue to be correct and win some money on MMA this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment