|Vitor showed off his new kicking game in 2013.|
There are many people that had similar years to Vitor in wins, but nobody won as impressively as Vitor. There is something about a headkick KO that really speaks to the superiority of Vitor's game. There is a reason Vitor will be the next man to fight Weidman for the middleweight title. Yes there is controversy about his TRT use and complaints that he only fights in Brazil, but it does not diminish from the quality of Vitor Belfort's wins in 2013.
- Urijah Faber (4-0): He won 4 fights including a top contender fight with Michael McDonald earning him a title shot on February 1st against Renan Barao. No doubt he had a great year, especially considering he finished 3 of those fights with a submission. Look for the California Kid to have a big 2014 as well.
- Demetrious Johnson (3-0): DJ defended his belt 3 times in 2013. He won a decision against Dodson, submitted Moraga, and knocked out Joe Benavidez. If that is not impressive I do not know what is.
- Anthony Pettis (2-0): He finished Cerrone with a liver kick in Chicago and beat Benson Henderson with a 1st round armbar to win the lightweight belt. He had a bad year with injuries and the media due to his pulling out of the Aldo fight and stealing TJ Grant's title shot. I say he will not still be champ in 2015 if he ever comes back from injury.
- Chris Weidman (2-0): The dude beat Anderson Silva, the greatest fighter in UFC history, twice.
- Johny Hendricks (1-1): He beat Condit in a Fight of the Night performance and SHOULD HAVE WON against GSP in another Fight of the Night that ended in a controversial decision.