|Anderson Silva as the challenger actually |
engaged in the stare-down properly.
Facebook Prelims: 6:30 pm
- Robbie Peralta does enough to squeak by Estevan Payan and win a decision
- Bobby Voelker gets his first UFC win over William Macario
Fox Sports 1 Prelims: 8 pm
- Siyar Bahadurzada seems to be talented enough to get it done over John Howard
- Dennis Siver via spinning back-kick knockout over Manvel Gamburyan
- Gleison Tibau over Michael Johnson via decision
- Uriah Hall has all the potential in the world, he just needs to find that killer inside him. I think Chris Leben the kind of guy that forces the issue which will awake the beast that Uriah Hall is. Leben retires after suffering a devastating KO loss to Hall
Pay-per view: 10 pm
- Dustin Poirier is one of the most talented and most exciting fighters in the UFC and at age 24 could be a serious contender at featherweight. Diego Brandao is also young and talented but has issues with his gas tank in some fights. He missed weight by a ton and seems unprepared for a very tough fight. I already was very confident in Poirier, but after the weigh in chalked Brandao up as 7 pounds overweight I KNOW Poirier will win the fight. He is a beast and he is angry. Poirier via 1st round TKO from hell.
- Jim Miller has dropped considerably in the lightweight rankings after dropping 3 of his last 5 fights, so the UFC gave him a free win by putting him against Fabricio Camoes. Interesting enough, Camoes and Anderson Silva made their MMA debuts the same night and it took Anderson 25 minutes to beat Camoes in their 2nd fights of the night back in 1997.
- Travis Browne has his work cut out for him when he faces Josh Barnett in a very important heavyweight fight. Josh Barnett has only been 11-1 since 2006 with his only loss coming to Daniel Cormier, but his only impressive win in my book was over a "washed up" Frank Mir. Travis has recently defeated Alistair Overeem and Gabriel Gonzaga in impressive fashion but still gets no respect. I think Travis Browne pulls off yet another stunning victory as the underdog and not only beats, but finishes a very durable Josh Barnett on Saturday night. The winner of this fight should fight Fabricio Werdum with a title shot at stake regardless to who wins.
- Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate have a very well-documented rivalry dating back to their Strikeforce days. Many people are on the Tate bandwagon because they hated Ronda as a coach on TUF. It really doesn't matter what people think of either girl because Ronda is going to win by armbar in the first round yet again. As much as I would like Miesha to win, I know a mismatch when I see one. It will be entertaining as hell despite the predictability of the result. And hey, if it is not an armbar or if Miesha somehow wins it could be the new upset of the year instead of Weidman defeating Silva.
- Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva 2, what else needs to be said? The first time these two fought I came so close to picking Weidman but I just couldn't do it. I knew he was a good wrestler but his striking is actually sneakily strong. I have to say I see this fight going similarly to the first fight between Anderson and Chael Sonnen. I think Weidman ignores Silva's antics and takes the fight to the ground early and often. The only difference between Sonnen and Weidman is the submission savvy possessed by Weidman as well as power in his punches. Because of this, there will be no submission comeback for Anderson. Also, Weidman will stun him and eventually finish him with punches and elbows to retain his fight. Weidman via 4th round TKO.
2013 has been an amazing year for the UFC and MMA in general. My pick totals heading into the final event of the year stand at 184/315. Hopefully I will add to that before I reset for 2014. Thanks for reading an enjoy the fights!